The city covers an area of 6.81 square miles of history, culture, outstanding architecture, boutiques and fine dining. Bedford was one of the first Virgina Main Street cities - a program based on a downtown revitalization concept that stresses design, organization and promotion as parts of economic restructuring. The area is also the home to the National D-Day Memorial.
- Size of Area 6.81 squre miels
- Population 6,299
- Median Age: 41
- Median Home Value $172,800
- Bedford City Hall: 540-587-6001
- Medical Facilities: Bedford Memorial Hospital
- Recreation: Liberty Lake Park