Staging Tips for Your Central VA Real Estate Sale
Low Cost Ways to Make Buyers Say WOW!
These low cost strategies to make your home more appealing are sure to have your potential buyers saying WOW! Plus these tips are quick and easy.
Boosting Your Curb Appeal
1. Mow the lawn and trim the bushes - especially the ones that block your windows and diminish sunlight.
2. Purchase a new doormat.
3. Add a bright pot of flowers (or even a small evergreen in winter) on your front porch.
4. Replace any old, tarnished doorknobs on your doors and polish or replace your house numbers.
5. Power-wash your driveway, sidewalk, and the exterior siding of your home.
6. Edge the grass around walks and trees plus add fresh mulch to your planting beds.
7. Purchase a new mailbox.
8. Upgrade the outdoor lighting for a feeling of safety (yes, buyers drive by your home at night too) and to add dramatic effect.
9. Clean your gutters.
10. Place a seasonal wreath on your front door.
How to Stage your Home Like A Pro
1. Halve your closets and garage. Remove half of your stuff. There is stuff there and still room for more - your closets will appear bigger than they are.
2. Use Mirrors - Mirrors reflect light and make rooms appear larger. Bonus: Buyers will actually see themselves in your home!
3. Fresh Paint - While you make love your the red in your living room, not everyone will. Use neutral and warm tones or for a modern look go for a subtle grey. Either way accent everything with crisp white trim.
4. Use live plants. Plants absorb odors - whether its you, your pets or the fresh paint. They also soften spaces by providing soft edges among the hard lines and bring a space to life.
5. Imagine the story your want each space to tell, use limited accessories to tell that story - an example, setting the dining room table suggests family or festivities.
6. Don't forget the outdoors. Add furniture and accessories to show your backyard as an extension of the indoors and bonus space for your home.
7. REMEMBER LESS IS MORE!! Don’t over do it with bright colors or too many objects.
Lynchburg, Campbell County or Bedford County Home Selling Made Easier!
While there are many details to be handled during the sale of your Central VA home, from preparing your home for the market, pricing the property correctly, negotiating offers, inspections, and so on, you can breathe easier knowing every detail will be handled on your behalf to your complete satisfaction. Contact us, your Central VA real estate experts for more information about a complimentary pre-listing consultation today!
Request Your Complimentary Home Evaluation
While many real estate agents still use the old fashion "PFA" (Pulled From the Air) method to determine the fair market value of your Central VA home, we'll remove all the guesswork when your home is evaluated. Your Central VA home will be priced properly using current data to perform a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). In the CMA, we'll collect and compare data for homes that have recently sold in your neighborhood. This system will analyze Central VA homes that are comparable to yours in terms of house size, lot size, improvements, locations, and schools. Request your FREE Central VA Home Evaluation today!