A Home Buying Check List
How to find your perfect home
Your Lynchburg Va Property Wish ListWhile your opinions on the type of home you want to own may change during the home buying process, use this easy checklist to help you set your priorities and make the shopping process less time consuming.
How close do you need to be to
- public transportation ______________
- schools ____________
- airport ________________
- expressway ____________
- neighborhood shopping ______________
- other ______________
What school systems do you want to be near?
What architectural styles do you prefer?
Do you want a two story or a one story?
How old a home would you consider?
How much repair or renovation would you be willing to do?
Do you have special facilities or needs that your home must meet?
Do you require a fenced yard or other amenities for your pets?
| Prioritize each of these options
|| Must Have
|| Would Prefer
| Yard at least......
| Garage size
| Bedrooms number?
| Bathrooms number?
| Family room
| Formal living room
| Formal dining room
| Eat-in kitchen
| Laundry room
| Spa in bath
| Air Conditioning
| Wall-to-wall carpet
| Hardwood floors
| Light (windows)
Feel free to open closet and cabinetry. Look in storage areas and crawl spaces. Most seller provide information sheets about the home and you can add your own notes to these fact sheets. It is easy to "fall in love" with a house, but before it becomes your home, you might want to "check off" these additional considerations:
- Will you furniture fit in the new spaces?
- Are there enough bathrooms to serve the needs of your family now and in the new future?
- Are there comfortable spaces for any overnight visitors?
- Is there plenty of storage space and is it easily accessed?
- Which schools serve this address? Are there other children in the area?
- How far is the home from work, school or recreation?
- Will pets be comfortable in the new surroundings? Does the community have pets' restrictions?
- How old are the heating, cooling and roofing systems and are they in good working order?
- Is the home protected against unexpected repairs by a home warranty plan?