Watch for home defects when purchasing a home in Lynchburg Va
Hidden Home Defects
No home is flawless, but certain physical problems can be expensive. Watch for:
- Water leaks: Look for stains on ceilings and near the baseboards, especially in basements or attics.
- Shifting foundations: Look for large cracks along the home's foundation.
- Drainage: Look for standing water, either around the foundation of the home or in the yard.
- Worn roofs: Look for broken or missing copings and buckled shingles as well as water spots on ceilings.
- Plumbing problems: Very low water pressure, banging in pipes.