Ten Things A Lender Needs From You
Processing Your Home Loan
- W-2 forms or business tax return forms if you are self employed for the past two or three years for every person signing the loan documents.
- Copies of one or more months of pay stubs for every person signing the loan.
- Copies of two to four months of bank or credit union statements for both checking and savings accounts.
- Copies of personal tax forms for the last two to three years.
- Copies of brokerage account statements for two to four months, as well as a list of any other major assets of value, e.g., a boat, RV or stocks or bonds not held in a brokerage account.
- Documentation to verify additional income, such as child support, pension etc.
- Copies of your most recent 401 (k) or other retirement account statement.
- Account number of all of your credit cards and the amounts of any outstanding balances.
- Lender, loan number and amount owed on other installment loans - student loans, car loans etc...
- Addresses where you lived for the last five to seven years, with names of landlords if appropriate.