From the beginning it was a frontier settlement, and then emerged as a tobacco producer and then a center for industrial manufacturing. Campbell County has continually evolved and grown with national and world changes. Now the County is a mix of the suburban and rural community. The number of small businesses in the county has and Campbell County's economy relies on the growth and diversity of large and small businesses.
- Size of Area: 504 square miles
- Population: 51,667
- Median Age: 38
- Median Home Value: $207,200
- Town Hall: 434-592-9525
- Medical Facilities: Lynchburg General Hospital & Virginia Baptist Hospital
- Education: Public: 434-332-3458; 8 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 2 high schools, 2 combined schools (middle/high), Campbell County Technical Center; Private - a Christian school and Mennonite school.
- Recreation: Staunton River State Park, Buggs Island Lake, Ooconeechee State Prk, John Kerr Dam, campgrounds, fishing, boating, youth sports.